Re: Why is it so hard to get sponsors.....?

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 03:09:04PM +0100, Willem van den Akker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 packages for which I request sponsoring.
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/jabberd2  Bug #698547
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/jabber-muc Bug #698548
>
> But until now nobody seemed to be interested in sponsoring them.
> I got messages .... not familiar with these packages or something like that.
>
> In the past I had some other packages and also had problems to get a sponsor.

Yeah, me too. Even as a sponsored uploader & a DM.

> Why is it so hard to get a sponsor?

While this isn't true of the general case, which I think there's valid
concern about, it is currently during freeze, most DDs are working on RC
bugs :)

Some sponsorship does still go on -- perhaps you could ask some of the
DDs who maintain jabber servers -- the ejabberd folks or so, or the xmpp
team.

Also, the jabberd2 package in the PTS[1] has Debian XMPP team on
maintainer. Are there no DDs willing to sponsor a routine upload there?

> Greetings,
> Willem

Cheers,
  Paul