Re: RFS: libengsas packages

Le Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 08:56:11AM +0100, Helmut Grohne a écrit :
> > > Please don't say 'must' when you're speaking about what's actually a
> > > recommendation, not a rule. Thanks.
> > ok, agree, my "typo". But I think it is desirable to ask for DEP-5 for
> > new uploads.
>
> In addition it is not even possible to use DEP-5 for every case.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2013/02/msg00065.html is a
> recent example where a license cannot be reformatted to fit into DEP-5,
> because it expressly prohibits modification. (I have to admit that this
> is non-free.)

Hi all,

in case of Steam, I do not think that including a copy of the license in a
debian copyright file following the machine-readable format constitutes an
alteration of the license.  First, the original file in the sources is
unmodified.  Second, indentation and escape of empty lines is not a
modification of the license, but a formatting to allow the retreival of the
pristine text using dedicated software.  For instance, the tool "config-edit"
displays license texts after converting them back to plain text.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan