file-in-unusual-dir and binary-without-manpage

Thanks a lot Robert for your comprehensive help. I found your
https://github.com/ramses0/xscreensaver-pi-hdmi/
an excellent example for me to follow as well.

Now,

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 13:04:19 -0800, Robert Ames wrote:

>> I want to pack a simple perl script
>> (http://proxytunnel.sourceforge.net/
>> files/pixelserv.pl.txt) as a package, but need your help.
>
> You should have a close read of the Debian Policy Manual:
>
>   http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
>
> ...specifically: Section 10.7 "Configuration Files" which suggest
> /etc/...

Having installed my configuration files under /etc, I get the following
lintian warnings:

  W: dbab: file-in-unusual-dir etc

I took a look at the generated binary package, and found that none of my
files under /etc are included in the binary package.

Also, in order to fix the "binary-without-manpage" lintian warning, I
want to symlink the none-existing manpages to an existing one on the
destination system. How can I do it? (I found my in my generated binary
package, they are all plain files, even I've symlink the none-existing
manpages to an existing one in my local build tree.)

Thanks

PS. here is the part I install my configuration files under /etc in my
Makefile:

etcdir = ${DESTDIR}/etc

	$(INSTALL) -m 644 file/dbab.addr $(etcdir)