Re: How to deal with "error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line"

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:36:39PM +0100, Andreas Moog wrote:
> The author of the software actually addresses this point in Makefile.am:
>
> "# @GTK_LIBS@ & libdbus_CFLAGS are not used to avoid unwanted
> # libraries (like -latk, -lrt, etc.) passed to the linker"

Ahhh, this explains why the library is missing in the first place
whether I add it in configure.ac as PKG_CHECK_MODULES or not.  That
was tricky - thanks for the hint.

> This is a valid point, but can be mitigated by building with the
> --as-needed linker flag, for example with this in debian/rules:
>
> export DEB_LDFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND += -Wl,--as-needed

I have choosen this solution and it works.

Many thanks

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de