Re: Suggestion of new program: execute mathematical set operations on lists

Am 03.11.13 15:43, schrieb Frank Stähr:
Am Mittwoch, den 30.10.2013, 16:21 +0000 schrieb Elmar Stellnberger:
Well, I had once programmed a tool like this called mset (multiset)
Yes, it seems to be possible to combine set and multiset operations by
an option (i. e. -m switches to multisets), I didn’t thought of that.

Of course, your answer is not the one I wanted to here (wanted to
program it ;-)), but still better than double work.

Good luck with leutils in the future, perhaps I think of another nice
project for me.

Frank
Hi Frank,

  If you want we can share our sources, agree upon a license for them,
discuss the future UI and then program what hasn`t been implemented
yet. However don`t expect a tool which is ready to publish, yet. I have
just written that as a few-hourer for a specific purpose and not used it
much afterwards. However if you can contribtue with further use-cases
testing and development work let us tackle a (multi-)set utility for Linux
which can then be published along with some other useful utilities like
f.i. dircmp, a console directory comparison.

Cheers,
Elmar