Fwd: Re: Gramps Version 3.4.6

Sorry Andrey. Didn't send to the ist.

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Gramps Version 3.4.6
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 22:00:05 +0100
From: Ross Gammon <rossgammon@mail.dk>
To: Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name>

On 11/02/2013 07:40 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 07:19:22PM +0100, Ross Gammon wrote:
>> How do you delete a file/prevent it being copied to
>> usr/share/gramps with dh_install?
> override_dh_install: dh_install rm debian/foo/bar

Perfect. Thanks Andrey.

That also helped me fix the next lintian warning by guessing that
under the "rm", a "cp debian/gramps.xpm
debian//gramps/usr/share/pixmaps/" would put the menu icon in the
correct place.

Now to the last warning which looks a bit trickier:
E: gramps: package-contains-mime-cache-file usr/share/mime/XMLnamespaces
The -i information from lintian states that these files must not be
included in the package.
The upstream INSTALL file helps by stating that the mime types MUST be
installed, but POST-INSTALLATION. They state that to assist with this,
configure can be run with the --enable-packager-mode option. Then the
appropriate code from data/Makefile.am should be copied into the
post-install.
The old rules file seemed to deal with this under the build-stamp:
target with "./configure --enable-packager-mode". I also see
"dh_installmime -i" under the binary-indep: target, but I am not sure
that is relevant.

I am guessing that:
override_dh_auto_configure:
	dh_auto_configure -- --enable-packager-mode
will deal with the first bit by appending this extra option.

But after reading the man pages for dh_installmime (referring to
dh_installdeb which deals with the postinst files), I am not exactly
sure how I can install the mime type post-installation. Any clues?

Cheers,

Ross