Packaging an extension with gnome-shell version dependency

Dear mentors,

I've packaged an extension for gnome-shell, and I realized that the
version I packaged is only compatible with gnome-shell 3.4, so it will
only work with Debian testing and stable, but not unstable.

The issue is that the version of the extension that is compatible with
gnome-shell 3.8 is not compatible with gnome-shell 3.4.

So how can I do?
Is it possible to ask for the upload of a version directly in testing,
skipping unstable?

Is there a way to tell debian to install one version of the package if
the system is using gnome-shell 3.4 and another one for gnome-shell
3.8? If I do it in a makefile, I'm afraid that it won't work when the
gnome-shell will be upgraded from version 3.4 to version 3.8.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Joseph