Re: Multiple pbuilders setting from pbuilder User's Manual doesn't seem to work

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:38:20 -0700, Tong Sun wrote:

> Multiple pbuilders setting from pbuilder User's Manual  doesn't
> seem to work for me.

[..]

> DIST=oldstable
> $ DIST=$DIST sudo pbuilder create --distribution $DIST
> I: creating base tarball [/var/cache/pbuilder/base.tgz]

> I.e., shouldn't the created base tarball follows the
> BASETGZ="`dirname $BASETGZ`/$DIST-base.tgz" convention?

<mode="guess" style="wild">
- Depending on the shell, DIST might need to be exported.
- sudo and environment variables are a common trap, i.e. sudo is
  "picky" / needs to be configured to use them.
</>

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   BOFH excuse #226:  A star wars satellite accidently blew up the WAN.