Re: Clean up the source package

On 10/22/2013 04:59 PM, Tong Sun wrote:
> No, the package is so old that it doesn't even have the
> debian/source/format file. Hmmm... maybe I should start all over
> from scratch?

Perhaps.

> The package was removed because the upstream was long gone. I want
> to pick it up and become the upstream.

Oh, it wasn't clear that you wish to become upstream, also  :)

>From the patch filename, it looks like might be talking about dtmfdial.
 I'd suggest getting the new upstream tarball in proper shape and a new
upstream homepage hosted somewhere, then start fresh or adapt, update,
clean up the old packaging for your new upstream version.  You'll at
least want to keep the old debian/changelog for historical purposes.
Setting debian/source/format to "3.0 (quilt)" is a fine choice for
others that may need to patch packages later or for stable release updates.

That quilt error may be from a .pc directory still in the build tree?

--
Kind regards,
Michael