Re: Packaging AngularJS application as part of the python twisted application

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Ben Finney wrote:

> I think we're going to have to (as the Debian Python community? as the
> broader Debian maintainer community?) come up with a unified approach to
> dealing with the rapidly increasing tendency for upstream releases
> bundling doing this.

Upstream bundling happens in too many different ways to deal with that
in any way other than to push back every time an upstream wants to add
yet more embedded code copies[1] to Debian. Tell them to do things in
a sane way otherwise we can't add their stuff into Debian. Tell them
to read the upstream guide (and update it if need be). Tell them to
release proper source tarballs that are exactly the same as their VCS.
Tell them to not commit generated files to their VCS. Tell them to
never include copies of their dependencies in their VCS. Tell them to
switch from systems without sane repository and dependency systems
(such as Android, MacOS X and Windows) to GNU/Linux distributions like
Debian. Tell them to think about sysadmins before themselves.

http://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies
http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

--
bye,