Re: Bug #722014 - should I upload new package to stable?

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Tomasz Rybak wrote:

> I am DM, I maintain PyCUDA and PyOpenCL which are in contrib
> as they require non-free drivers to run software on GPU.
> I got bug report #722014 about non-free example distributed
> in examples/, in python-pyopencl-doc package.
>
> Basically example contains some code with:
> "Copyright NVIDIA. ALl rights reserved.
> NVIDIA Corporation and its licensors retain all intellectual property
> and
> proprietary rights in and to this software and related documentation.
> Any use, reproduction, disclosure, or distribution of this software
> and related documentation without an express license agreement from
> NVIDIA Corporation is strictly prohibited."

This is not distributable by Debian, which means we are violating
copyright law. It needs to be removed from stable/oldstable too (see
devref link below, reportbug release.debian.org) and possibly
snapshot.debian.org (reportbug snapshot.debian.org) and
archive.debian.org (reportbug ftp.debian.org).

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#upload-stable

--
bye,
pabs