Re: How to close a ITP ?

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 5:22 PM, bilibop project <quidame@safe-mail.net> wrote:
> Hi mentors,
>
> Last year, I have sent a ITP bug (#675467) followed by a RFS (#675532).
> As it was my first debian package, there was obviously some errors.
> Between others, I had messed to close the ITP bug in the first changelog
> entry; so I did it later, for a new version, by modifying the first entry in the
> changelog, thinking it was enough. But recently I have received an email
> saying:
>
> "A long time ago, you expressed interest in packaging bilibop. Unfortunately,
> it seems that it did not happen. In Debian, we try not to keep ITP bugs open
> for a too long time, as it might cause other prospective maintainers to
> refrain from packaging the software.
>
> This is an automatic email to change the status of bilibop back from ITP
> (Intent to Package) to RFP (Request for Package), because this bug hasn't
> seen any activity during the last 12 months."
>
> So, how to change the status of bilibop back from RFP to ITP and then close
> it ?

Send an email to control@bugs.debian.org with the following contents:

retitle 675467 ITP: bilibop -- run Debian from external media
owner 675467 !
thanks

You can also use "bts", available in devscripts. You may also want to
read [1] for a full explanation of the various commands that
control@b.d.o accepts.

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control