Re: Uploading to mentors.debian.net without a signed key

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 16:38:28 +0200,
Ross Gammon<rossgammon@mail.dk> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have been googling this for a while now. Lots of people have
>problems with their keys, but not quite my problem!
>
>I have created a package with "dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc" because my
>key is not yet (but almost) signed by someone in the debian key ring.

You don't have to have your _key_ signed by anyone to be able to upload
a package to mentors. You do however need to sign the package with your
key.

>I have set up an account on mentors.debian.net and uploaded my key
>there.
>
>Now when I run "dput mentors foopackage.changes" I get errors. Of
>course the changes file has not been signed.
>
>I have tried signing the the changes file with debsign "debsign
>foopackage.changes", but I assume this is just like the signing that
>the standard dpkg-buildpackage does?

You mention you get errors - What errors? It shouldn't matter if you
sign the package with dpkg-buildpackage during building or after
building using debsign.

best regards
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se