Re: How to find which Java libs needed

"W. van den Akker" <listsrv@wilsoft.nl> writes:

> Hi,

hello Willem,

Sorry for the late reply - I was on vacation.

> I have a JAVA package using the ANT build suite.

Are you referring to FreeMind?

I am the maintainer of the Freeplane package, and its dependencies
are documented here (some of them apply to freemind too):
http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Dependencies_and_Linux_Packaging#Dependencies

Both projects are GPL'd so we might as well work together on packaging
and fixing/working around OpenJDK issues :-)

In particular, both freeplane and freemind have the jmapviewer
dependency, which needs to be fixed (Andrew Harvey is sort of working on
it, and I requested a proper source package from upstream:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8747). I'll do this in the next
month or so.

Freeplane does not include the collaboration plugin jars so I cannot
help you much with this. I don't think that hoteqn.jar is still used because
latex seems to be disabled.

> How can I find out which libraries are needed for compiling?
> I have solved a bunch but a few are to be found.

See the link above and/or search for *.jar in
freemind-src-1.0.0_RC_4.tar.gz and try to match this with Debian
packages. Usually, if the software compiles with a particular jar, then
it also runs ok with it.

You can search for jars in Debian packages here:
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents

> Is there a easy way? Or is it a try and shoot method?
> This is my first Java package. So any help is appreciated.

You can have a look at the freeplane package:
  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-java/freeplane.git
  (https://github.com/fnatter/freeplane-debian/ for Freeplane 1.3.x
   which includes JMapViewer dep)

BTW: freemind-src-1.0.0_RC_4.tar.gz currently does not build+run on
linux, you probably want to include upstream patches for this before
the release (makes it easier for you). You might also ask upstream to
create a tar.gz without the jars (which need to come from separate
packages in Debian).

Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter