help to fix lintian problems, source format

> Quoting T o n g (2013-07-08 14:15:37)

> > > No, fixing missing-debian-source-format (by setting it to 3.0 (quilt))
> > > would.
> >
> > Care to explain more on why renaming it to .tar.gz won't work please?
>
> It wouldn't work as dpkg wouldn't be able to unpack it, since the
> compression format hasn't changed, only the filename.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation Simon.

What buried in my original question was "So do you think unpacking upstream tarball then repack it and name it as libpam-ssh-agent_0.9.5.orig.tar.gz would solve the problem?" By repacking, I did mean repack it properly, i.e., changing the format. I don't understand why it won't work.

Thanks