Re: How to avoid "all arch" notice in dpkg-buildpackage.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:17:23AM -0400, linux at iocellnetworks wrote:
> I am working on the debian package for 7.0 ndas.
> I would like to have it build without comment, notice or error.
>
> I use the instructions here
Where?

> There are some notices left though in the dh_ commands.
>
> example: dh_builddeb: You asked that all arch in(dep) packages be
> built, but there are none of that type
>
> Can any of y'all point me to the place those are specified so I can
> have it build those, or bypass?
Mostly impossible to tell without seeing your debian/rules. If you are
calling programs with -i while not having any arch-indep packages then you
should not do that (it's also not a good idea to blindly copy-paste code
from some instructions on the web without understanding what does that
code do).

> I made a help ticket about it too.
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16818494/what-where-is-all-arch-specified-when-building-a-deb-archive
It's not a help ticket and SO is neither a ticket system nor in any way
affiliated with Debian. Also, I feel that packaging questions are offtopic
there. The best place to ask packaging questions is this list or
#debian-mentors on IRC.

--
WBR, wRAR