Re: Half of webapp in /usr/ and half in /var

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Anton Balashov wrote:

> Like most of webapps, it expects all its dirs in  /var/www :) But I should
> put some dirs in /usr/share/pkg  and some in /var/lib/pkg
> It doesn't have its apache config.

So you will need to change the webapp to be more flexible about where
it looks for code/data.

What is the package storing in /var/www other than code? /var/lib/pkg
is inappropriate for per-website data that belongs to the website
rather than the package. For that the site should have an interactive
script to generate the right configuration for apache and for the
webapp. The script should prompt for the data location, vhost info and
other metadata in order to do that.

--
bye,
pabs