Re: RFS: libengsas packages

Dear readers,

it took some time to process the hints. Nevertheless I fixed the most of the
mentioned errors. There are three errors left, related to symbol files. As I
understood the documentation, the symbol file should list all symbols, provided
by the current binary packages. Therefore I have generated a file with help of
dpkg-gensymbols. Since it creates only one file, for all binary packages, I
splitted it up into files, containing only those symbols, provided by the
related binary package. I also removed the debian revision from all entries.
But actually, the error

symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision

has not been fixed. May be someone has a hint fixing it? The new packages are
also available at [1].

I also asked at the kde mailing list, if someone likes to sponsor this
library. Currently they have rejected it (s. [2]), because of me as an
packaging beginner and a not finished API. But without the library, I could not
provide my other package Meganizer. And packaging LibEngsas within Meganizer
is not possible (from my point of view), without loosing the benefits of
LibEngsas (to let the user choose, whether to use KDE or not). So I just want
to ask, if there is any other way to solve this problem?

But even if the package is currently not added, I appreciate any hints to
solve the issues above.

Kind regards,

Joachim Langenbach

[1]