Re: manual pages for trivial bash scripts and for binaries without command-line arguments

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 02:15:15PM +0200, Boris Pek wrote:
> Debian Policy (section 12.1) tell us that each program in /usr/bin should has
> a manual page. And there is the related warning in Lintian.
>
> But I am interested what is the best practise in case of trivial bash scripts
> (which usually set up necessary environment variables and launch binaries)?
>
> Also there is another question about scripts or programs which do not use
> command line arguments. (For example, they do not react to --help or --version
> arguments.) These can be GUI programs or simple scripts from question above.
> Are manual pages useful for them? What maintainers usually do in such cases?
I kinda like the position recently mentioned on #-devel: "you need a
manpage for that? really? You know what? WRITE IT. Upstream accepts
patches."
Of course YMMV if you need sponsors to upload your packages.

--
WBR, wRAR