PBuilder Local Package Problems

I have been following the instructions on this page,
http://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks , but have run in to some
problems.

Firstly, the apt-utils package was not installed resulting in the
apt-ftparchive command not being found. I worked around this by adding
apt-get install -y apt-utils to the hook.

The second problem is that (unsurprisingly?) the local package I want to
install us untrusted, but this causes pbuilder to fail:
WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!

Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
You should only proceed with the installation if you are certain that
this is what you want to do.

  ruby-dbf

Do you want to ignore this warning and proceed anyway?
To continue, enter "Yes"; to abort, enter "No": Abort.
E: pbuilder-satisfydepends failed.
I: Copying back the cached apt archive contents
I: unmounting /home/chris/projects/Debian/.pbuilder-packages filesystem
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
 -> Cleaning COW directory
  forking: rm -rf /var/cache/pbuilder/build//cow.10053
gbp:error: Couldn't run 'git-pbuilder': git-pbuilder returned 1