Re: new ebtables upload

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:28:41PM +0100, William Dauchy wrote:
> ok just seen the rules modifications from today.
> http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html
> This will unfortunately go in unstable only.
>
> Feel sorry not having done the work before.

I couldn't resist having a quick look now. :-)  I suggest to ask debian-release
for a pre-approval for wheezy with a debdiff including all three changes.  So I
suggest to keep the flag "needs sponsor" at mentors on "no" for now.  Fixing
697276 (kmod) looks like a safe change that should be fixed in wheezy.  On bug
697275 I'm not sure, so you should doublecheck and doubletest that the change
does not change anything that has been fine in testing during the freeze so
far.  Make sure that there's no regression at all.  Bug 684592 should really be
fixed in wheezy, so it's even worth a separate upload for wheezy in my opinion.
Depending on the outcome of debian-release you can go ahead with requesting
sponsorship for this package as-is (set "needs sponsor" to "yes") or do a
separate upload for wheezy with reduced changes you got pre-approval for.
Other changes are best uploaded to experimental, not to unstable, so that
unstable remains available for additional uploads for wheezy.  More questions
best via debian-mentors, so other sponsors can help you faster than I can.

Regards,

Bart Martens