Re: Debian Preseeding: prevent particular package from being installed

Le Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:56:19AM +0100, Konrad Vrba a écrit :
> I am using Debian preseeding for automated installations (from PXE)
>
> in my preseed config file, I have the following line, to install only
> the minimum number of packages:
>   tasksel tasksel/first multiselect
>   d-i base-installer/install-recommends boolean false
>
> This however still installs some packages which I don't want. My question is:
>   how does the installation script decide which packages will be installed?
>   how can I modify this list?
>   can I prevent specific package to be installed
>
> or, is there some other Debian mailing list, which would be more
> appropriate for my question?

Hi Konrad,

on the debian-boot@lists.debian.org there are people who are the most likely to
be able to answer your question, but before asking there it may be useful to
ask first on a debian user mailing list, where there may be people experienced
with preseeding as well.

I am not sure if it will work, but have you tried d-i base-installer/excludes ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan