Re: Package for Seed7

On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:35:39 +0100, "Jose G. López" <josgalo@gmail.com> wrote:
> El mar, 05-02-2013 a las 15:10 +0100, Thomas Mertes escribió:

> > > Please read these web pages:
> > >
> > > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
> > > http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
> >
> > Okay, I was able to produce a package for Seed7.
> > Now I have the files
> >
> > seed7_20130203.orig.tar.gz
> > seed7_20130203-1.debian.tar.gz
> > seed7_20130203-1.dsc
> >
> > The lintian result looks okay for me.
> > I also filed the bug #699811, which requests the seed7 package.
> >
> > Where should I put the files, such that some maintainer can
> > check them in?
> >

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Point 4 at http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Okay, I have to set up dput (by writing something to ~/.dput.cf) and
then I can use the command:

  dput mentors seed7_20130203.changes

But I don't have a .changes file of the source package.
I have only one .changes file:

  seed7_20130203-1_amd64.changes

This file was produced by dpkg-buildpackage and seems to belong to the
binary package. I assumed that a source package consists just of the
three files

  seed7_20130203.orig.tar.gz
  seed7_20130203-1.debian.tar.gz
  seed7_20130203-1.dsc

Where is my missunderstanding and what is necessary to upload my
source package to mentors.debian.net?

Thanks in advance for your effort.

Regards,
Thomas Mertes