Announcement: New mail filters and subscription in place

Hello,

now that our BTS driven sponsorship request tracking seems to be widely
adopted and used, we finally finished the final step. Most of us seemed
to like and prefer the BTS driven approach, but we found the control
traffic useless and noisy for a discussion list.

Hence we originally tried to convince list masters to filter out control
traffic on the server side [1], but we came out with a new solution [2]
which went live now. Here is a summary of the current working functionality:

1) debian-mentors@l.d.o is and will remain the home of all packaging and
mentoring related questions. Sponsorship requests and following
discussions are automatically forwarded to this list

2) package-sponsorship-requests@l.d.o [3] will track /all/ sponsorship
requests messages but is not thought as a discussion list. It will act
as an owner of the sponsorship-requests [4] pseudo-package and will
collect all sponsoring related messages, including control messages, for
archiving purposes.

This means: You do not need to subscribe to a new list if you are a
debian-mentors reader, all relevant (human contributed) content will be
forwarded to that list, but the complete noise^W^W^W^W^Winformation is
available through package-sponsorship-requests@l.d.o only. If you prefer
to get all of it, subscribe to that list as well.

Thanks for all involved people for their help.

[3] https://lists.debian.org/package-sponsorship-requests/
[4] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=sponsorship-requests
--
with kind regards,