Need mentor for packaging Ambulant multimedia playback engine

Greetings,
I've been told to come here to ask for help with packaging our Ambulant multimedia playback engine for Ubuntu. If that's wrong: could someone please tell me where else to go? Also: I haven't subscribed, the volume here seems rather large, so please reply to me directly. And if not subscribing is against etiquette: please enlighten me:-)

I'm one of the maintainers of Ambulant (www.ambulantplayer.org), which has been in development for about 10 years now. We've finally gotten to the point where we want to do non-source distributions for Linux too. We would like Linux (Ubuntu, specifically) installation to be as easy as installation on Windows or Mac. I've gotten quite far, but I'm now stuck, and I need someone to nudge me in the right direction.

I've created a couple of debian packages (source, engine shared lib, gtk frontend, qt frontend, developer, python interface), signed these, and uploaded them to our own website. This works, in that if I add the "deb" line to Synaptic it finds the packages and installs them, either from source or binary (386 or i86_64).

But: Synaptic complains about the package being untrusted, so apparently uploading my gpg key to keyserver.ubuntu.com is not good enough, or there's something else I don't understand. I need some help here.

In addition, it would be nice if the package was available generally, i.e. without people having to add the "deb" line to synaptic. I think I need to find a "DD" for this, but I have no idea how to go about finding one.

And finally, I've tried to follow all the rules and guidelines for creating a package, but undoubtedly I've missed things here or there, I'd appreciate it if someone in the know could look over things.

Thanks in advance,