Re-inserting package with name change

Hi,

I am working to re-insert a package that was removed three years
ago. Since the package name is quite short, I also changed its name: the
package name was "fv" [1], and I changed it to "ftools-fv" [2].

As recommended, I also exhumed the bugs that were closed by the package
removal. They will be fixed by the new package; the changelog contains
the appropriate "Closes: #259548" entry.

However, when uploading to mentors.debian.net, the QA information
contains the error "Package closes bugs in a wrong way: Bug #259548 does
not belong to this package" [3].

Shall I just ignore this error? Or shall I assign the bugs to the new
(still unknown to the system) package name "ftools-fv"?

Another question is whether I need to somehow propagate the name
change. in debian/control, I have set "Conflicts: fv; Replaces: fv"
Should I also set "Provides: fv"? This would pollute the package
namespace again with a virtual package of this short name which was the
main reason to change it.

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fv.html
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/682205
[3] https://mentors.debian.net/package/ftools-fv