Re: Backporting a multi-arched package

* Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian@joonet.de>, 2012-07-24, 20:43:
debian/control:
* remove lines with "Multi-Arch:"

You only need to remove only Mutli-Arch field which would become incorrect after demultiarchification. In usually means that you should drop "Multi-Arch: same", but you can keep "foreign" or "allowed".

* remove lines with "Pre-Depends:

I think you meant: remove "Pre-Depends: multiarch-support". However, the pre-dependency on multiarch-support should be normally generated by debhelper via the ${misc:Pre-Depends} substitution variable. If this is the case, you don't need to remove anything.

* Move back to dephelper (>= 8)

debian/compat:
* Move back to "8"

If we are talking about backporting to squeeze, these shouldn't be necessary. The backported version of debhelper >=9 has the multiarch bits disabled.

p.s. Not subscribed.

--
Jakub Wilk