Re: RFS: libnet 1.1.6 (try #2)

Hi and sorry for the late reply,

On Wednesday 25 July 2012, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> In the absence of a preclearance from the release team (which I'm fairly
> certain this package update won't get), there's no way I can even consider
> uploading a package update to unstable during the freeze.  If you don't
> intend to get a preclearance, or it is denied, please update
> debian/changelog to target experimental instead.

Thanks. I'm OK with not having this on wheezy. I gave it some thought and I
believe it is safer not to include the first multiarch libnet in stable since
it may randomly break something (even without being libnet's fault). We can
upload it to backports later.

> Why are you using debhelper v8 and not v9?  It breaks your multiarch
> conversion (as you seem to have noted yourself, since you've hardcoded one
> multiarch-support pre-dependency - but you've missed another that needed
> it).

I followed the CDBS conversion here:
http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Implementation

which requests for debhelper >=8.1.3. I changed that to 9 now (no upload yet).

Which multiarch dependency did I miss?

> Have you tried building the packages that build-depend on libnet using your
> updated package?

Nope. Just using it locally for some time now without rebuilding anything
against it.

I suppose a push to experimental will help with that.