Re: automatic removal of packages from mentors

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Bart Martens wrote:

Hi support@mentors.debian.net,

I understand that packages must be removed from mentors, because disk space is not infinite. I have heard from multiple people requesting sponsorship that one of the reasons to remove packages is that no sponsor was found within 20 weeks. However, some of the removed packages have an open RFS with recent comments. Can you send a copy of the automatic notification to the RFS ? Can you also check the age of the most recent comment on the RFS before removing the package ? Also, it would be nice that packages for which the packager does not respond to review comments within a reasonable time are removed first, so that packages waiting for a first review can remain at mentors for a bit longer than 20 weeks. Of course, I understand that at some point you must also remove packages waiting for a first review due to lack of disk space.

Personally, I believe we shouldn't delete these packages from mentors 20 weeks later.

To archive them out of the UI is something that would make sense to me.

Curious to hear the thoughts of the current mentors.debian.net maintainers, especially on the reasoning behind the deletion, so I can better understand and see if I can come up with an alternative I like more.

I'm typing this quickly, so if it comes out curt, pardon me! I mean to also send warm regards to the hard-working people who make mentors.debian.net go forward.

-- Asheesh.