Re: issues with packaging Clozure Common Lisp (ccl.clozure.com) for Debian

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:45:44 +0100, Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox@debian.org> wrote:
> This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
> --------------enig2877B8C6EA8C20C7504E8576
>
> On 17/07/12 13:28, The Fungi wrote:
>> On 2012-07-17 11:38:32 +0530 (+0530), Faheem Mitha wrote:
>> [...]
>>> CCL requires itself to build. Since it is not currently in the
>>> Debian archive, that raises the question of how this should
>>> happen.
>> [...]
>>=20
>> I'm not sure how much closer that's gotten to being a usable
>> proposal yet. I hunted around for documentation specific to
>> introducing a new self-building compiler package into Debian, but
>> didn't have much luck. Hopefully one of the DDs on this list can
>> point you to something slightly more appropriate.
>>=20
>
> Out of self-building compilers we have gcc compiler suite (full
> bootstrap), or ada compiler specifically (which requires -1 ada to compil=
> e).
>
> One of the recent bootstraps done, was multiarch bootstrap as outlined he=
> re:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Bootstrapping
>
> Or the mingw-w64 gcc crosscompiler, which has documented it's bootstrap:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=3Dcollab-maint/gcc-mingw-w64.git;a=3D=
> blob;f=3Ddebian/README.source;h=3D697d003e76d9afe20a40556bc619cc5e30a3c0e=
> d;hb=3DHEAD

Thanks for the links. I looked at them, but they don't look that
directly relevant. I've posted some followup question about
boostrapping in a post entitled "Preliminary Debian packaging for
Clozure Common Lisp (ccl.clozure.com)". Please take a look if you
wish.

                                                  Regards, Faheem