Re: WANT TO BE A MAINTAINER FOR IPPLAN

2012/7/18 vykuntam srinivas <vykuntamsrinivas@gmail.com>:
> hi all, i am a new member.I  have installed DEBIAN SQEEZE 6.0.5 on my HDD.I
> am interested to involve in debian development.I  just have completed BTECH
> and i am good at C,C++,JAVA,LINUX SHELL SCRIPTING.
>
> i have subscribed to some  basic mailing lists.I was suggested to have a
> group to develop any package,but i am single.I visited web page
> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/work_needing and found that IPPLAN need
> maintainers.I am good and fast at learning new things,i need some guiding or
> navigation,if  any one allow me to JOIN their group, i am ready and
> contribute what ever i can.I think i can learn  and enjoy helping DEBIAN!

Hi, Vykuntam.

You may want to look at ipplan bugs [1] and propose ways to fix them.

Namely, bug 618388 might be quite simple.
One should figure out if libphp-phplayersmenu really needed.
Why it was removed? Etc. Maybe you will need to maintain
libphp-phplayersmenu first.

Then you should download source package, make you changes, test a package
on you system, then upload it to Debian Mentors [2].

You can get more info from Debian New Maintainers' Guide [3]

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=ipplan;dist=unstable
[2] http://mentors.debian.net
[3] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html