Re: Any script to populate debian/copyright file ?

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 06:00:59PM -0400, Aliaksei Sheshka wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 10:51:46AM -0400, Aliaksei Sheshka wrote:
> > > I've read the policy but still confused, if some one can help, please
> > > take a look.
> >
> > Do you have specific questions on debian-policy ?
> >

> Yes.
> W: irrtoolset source: syntax-error-in-dep5-copyright line 1201:
> Continuation line outside a paragraph.
> I understand that file is wrong, but don't know where to find a good and
> correct example of multi copyright multi license fine.

One way to solve this is to switch to plain text, because DEP5 is not
mandatory for debian-policy.
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile
"Use of this format is optional."

I'm personally not a fan of DEP5, because I have not yet seen any benefits,
only more work for the packager, and less readable for humans than plain text.
If there would be any benefit, then I'm not sure it's worth all the trouble.

Regards,

Bart Martens