Re: Multilicense `debian/copyright` file

Le Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 01:09:21AM -0400, Aliaksei Sheshka a écrit :
> Hi debian-devel list!
>
> Please help me to write a proper `debian/copyright` file.
> Original COPYING file says:
>
> Several parties hold copyright to various parts of IRRToolSet.  One or more
> of the following licenses may apply to the code contained within this
> distribution.
> 1. USC (and occasionally USC/IBM) license
> 2. RIPE NCC license
> 3. GNU General Public License version 2
>
> What should put in the `debian/copyright` then ?

Dear Aliaksei,

your question is more suited for the debian-mentors@lists.d.o list, so I am
transferring the discussion there.

The Debian Policy's section 12.5 describes the requirements for
the Debian copyright file.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile

Note that it is not required to list exhaustively which file names correspond
to which license, and that years of publication for one copyright holder may be
gathered together.

If you want to browse many Debian copyright files, you can have a look
at the following repository:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-qa/packages-metadata/

(More information about this project at http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata )

Have a nice week-end,