Re: How to build flavored package if upstream doesn't grok OOT build

Marc Haber <mh+debian-mentors@zugschlus.de> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 03:23:03PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
>> On 23.06.2012 15:17, Marc Haber wrote:
>> > How can I build two flavors of a program with different configure
>> > parameters if upstream does not properly handle out-of-tree building
>> > and I do not want to ditch dh?
>>
>> You copy the source tree as a preparation and recurse into all flavors
>> for the configure/build/(install) stages. Take a look at the Apache 2.2
>> source package for a (complex) example.
>
> Thanks. Thinking about it, it seems obvious.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

Copying (or rather linking) the source is a bit ugly though since you
need to copy everything but the build dir (and probably debian dir).
The packages where I need this I made an empty foo_1.2.orig.tar.gz and
put the actual upstream source in foo_1.2.orig-upstream.tar.gz. That way
all the upstream source lands in the upstream directory and than that
can be copied/linked to build-<flavour> trivialy.

MfG
        Goswin