Re: +dfsg

Gerber van der Graaf wrote:

> For the (lib)freefoam* packages I am building I came across some
> non-free files in the source. I got some remarks that the non-free files
> will have to be removed and the source will have to be re-packed in a
> new +dfsg tar file (instead of providing patches in debian/).
>
> As I will have to remove an entire directory, containing a module, its
> parent directory contains a CMakeLists.txt file containing
> 'add_subdirectory(subdir_containing_non_free_files)'
> My question is: do I have to provide a patch in debian/patches which
> contains the change in the CMakeLists.txt file or should the file be
> modified before repacking?

If you "document", what you do, you can also use sed during re-packaging
without a patch. I use some kind of script to create such tarballs.
See e.g.

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/openbabel/debian/watch?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/openbabel/debian/get-orig-source.sh?view=co&content-type=text%2Fplain

You can re-use the script. Just replace line 19 and 20 with whatever you
need to do in your package.

Regards, Daniel