Re: Packaging a new release of released SW, not considered by the DM?

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:22:21PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A Short question. Is it possible to ITP a new release of some software
> not being even considered by the DM, for whatever reason. Wishlist bugs
> are submitted, etc. According to if there is no reply of bug reports,
> there seems to be no interest at all from the DM to package that piece
> of SW, not even for experimental. If not possible, why? What does the
> Debian Policy state?

I'm replying to the debian-mentors list, because I think this is where this
question belongs.

Generally it is not OK to ITP a new release of a package already in Debian
maintained by someone else.

Which package are we talking about ?

Regards,

Bart Martens