RE: Architecture dependensie

Thanks for explenation

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Gergely Nagy [mailto:algernon@balabit.hu]
Verzonden: donderdag 31 mei 2012 14:45
Aan: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Onderwerp: Re: Architecture dependensie

Bas van den Dikkenberg <bas@dikkenberg.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make burp work on HPPA and powerpcspe architectures and
> there for I want to specify witch version of debhelper he must juse.

You're trying to do the wrong thing: debhelper is arch:all, so it will be the same across architectures. If you see a build fail on hppa/powerpcspe that says something along the lines of:

,----
| Dependency installability problem for burp on powerpcspe:
|
|   burp (= 1.3.6-2) build-depends on one of:
|   - debhelper (= 9.20120528)
`----

That means that a suitable version of debhelper is not installable on the architecture. There's nothing you can, or need to do about it. Once the arch catches up (if ever), this problem will go away.