Updating Mawk in Debian

Dear all,

any news about updating Mawk with the last upstream version?

Regards
Yann

2012/5/28 Gert Hulselmans <hulselmansgert@gmail.com>
The Debian version of mawk has a lot of bugs (v1.3.3)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=mawk;dist=unstable

Thomas Dickey (other dev than the original mawk dev) has an improved
version of mawk (without those bugs):
ftp://invisible-island.net/mawk/

but for some reason the debian maintainer doesn't want to update.

Thomas Dickey:
If the Debian packager were responding, it would be about a week.
However, he's ignored most of my bug reports (aside from the one
about incorrect license).

Look here - I've marked fixed-upstream on the ones that I believe are
done...

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=mawk
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mawk/+bug/400409

I use the fixed version of mawk a lot for my work.

If you can force the debian maintainer to update mawk, I would be happy.

I tried it a while back, but failed.

One of my bug reports at Ubuntu (still not any comment on it):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mawk/+bug/716920

It would be nice to get it bumped by somebody else.

- Gert