Re: RFS: torrentflux-b4rt

On 10/07/2011 04:35 πμ, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> Here's a preliminary review of your package:
>
> - The source package contains several versions of other clients as archives in
>   the clients/ directory. For one, this seems strange, as both other clients
>   appear to be packaged in Debian. Second, these clients have different
>   licenses, which aren't reflected at all in debian/copyright.
> - There need not be an RFP filed, but an ITP is desirable. The intend-to-package
>   will ensure that a wider audience notices the interest in packaging this
>   software and people interested in that may step up.
> - debian/rules: your override of dh_installdebconf has a weird comment: "# Don't
>   touch the postrm script" - why exactly should that not happen? override of
>   dh_fixperms: you should move the chown to the postinst, i.e., after unpacking
>   on the target system, not in the package build.
> - Could you please me more specific on the kind of advice you need for the
>   postinst-uses-db-input warning? The point here is that db_input calls should
>   happen in torrentflux-b4rt.config, not postinst!?
>
> Hope this helps,
> Michael

Hi, I hope you see this message.

For some reason I missed your email, and I thought there was no interest
in this package.

Thank you for your review. I will post back when I have fixed these issues.

About the "weird comment", I don't remember very well after all this
time but after seeing again the code, my explanation is this: I adjusted
the postrm script from the -then current- packaging of torrentflux,
which called db_stop before the code added by dh_installdebconf which
also includes db_* calls. This made the package uninstallable, so I
opted to pass the -n flag to dh_installdebconf. I will rewrite the
script properly.

Torrentflux-b4rt seems to not have had a release in quite a few years.
Still I find it more useful than plain torrentflux. I will consider it
and reply, I will also open an IPT in the positive case.

Best regards,
Panayiotis