Re: Help writing a watch file for rnahybrid

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 02:54:42PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > The first question is: Why does it not find a new version at all:
>
> uscan relies solely on links and since there are no links to the
> tarballs, it cannot find any tarballs.

Thanks for the explanation.

> > you don't know a reasonable solution I might need to negotiate
> > with upstream about a more friendly download option.
>
> Yes, please cluebat upstream.

:-) OK, I'll do so.

By chance I ran into another watch file problem:

version=3
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/qvalue.html \
  ../src/contrib/qvalue_([\d\.]+)\.tar\.gz

runs into

 -- Downloading updated package qvalue_1.30.0.tar.gz
 uscan warning: In directory ., downloading
  http://www.bioconductor.org/../src/contrib/qvalue_1.30.0.tar.gz failed: 400 Bad Request

Upstream hides their source directory somehow and a

  wget http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/src/contrib/qvalue_1.30.0.tar.gz

ends up in 404 (so even if the relative URL would be properly resolved a
download might fail).  So while we at least can find out the proper new
version number it requires manual download.  Any idea?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de