Automatic maintenance of the file .symbols for libraries

Hello everyone,

I have adopted a package with a library [0]. It must be frequently
updating the package to update the symbols file
Strikes me that the file .symbols not be generated automatically when
in compiling the package: Is it not possible that the compilation of
the package system will generate the updated file? This would save
much work and constant updates.
Whats your opinion?

On the other hand, I think the generation of the symbols file is
little documented (....or perhaps I have not been able to find
documentation for beginners!).

Regards!

I. De Marchi

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qdacco.html