Re: Files permission in the debian directory

Le Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 04:05:11PM +0100, fred0a@free.fr a écrit :

> What are the recommended permissions for all the files that reside inside the debian directory ?
> I've not found any documentation about it, except for debian/rules.

Dear Fred,

the Dpkg source format version 1.0 does not support other files than
debian/rules to be executable, so I recommend that unless strictly needed, you
do not rely on files in debian/ to be executable, especially if you suspect
that your package might be backported by users on local installations that are
too old for supporting the 3.0 (quilt) format.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan