Re: upstream changelog in LaTeX format

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> The upstream changelog of my package is in LaTeX format: as the
> LaTeX is rough enough to be translated to HTML format by TtH, I will
> put the HTML translation within the package. Given that, what I am
> supposed to do with the LaTeX changelog source ? May I put it within
> the package as well ? What about its PDF version ?

You should at the very least include the LaTeX source in the source
package (hopefully upstream already does this). During the build
process, build a text-only version (using catdvi FE), and optionally
include the PDF if that is helpful in addition.

Don Armstrong

--
[C]haos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
It always defeats order, because it is better organized.