Re: Should I split off arch independant part?

On Thursday, February 09, 2012 04:37:55 PM Savvas Radevic wrote:

> If I were you, I'd just convert the .doc to a .pdf. Likewise, your
> programmer can do that in seconds with a
> plugin<http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7>(and
> file > save as.. or export?) or a
> program<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/PDF/Simpo-PDF-Creator-Lit
> e.shtml>(and go file>print) for ms office.

Unfortunately the .doc file is the source, so everything must be rebuilt from
source i.e. the .doc file as part of the build process.

The next version of the documentation will probably be another .doc file.
The .doc is the source because the person writing the documentation prefers to
write in .doc format. It would be disingenuous to say that anything other than
the .doc is the source.

If I were writing the documentation from now on, I would convert once to
docbook, or some other civilized format and then say that the .docbook file was
the source. But I am not writing the documentation, so I can't do that.

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J