how to add an additional license to the debian/copyright file (Re: License Question)

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:06:58AM -0500, Daniel Echeverry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on this bug [1], the package has a licensed font
> with this text [2]. Can you tell me how I define this license in
> debian/copyright file?
>
> Please add CC to me, I'm not subscribed to the list
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> [1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=696920
> [2]: http://paste.debian.net/220092/

This appears to be a question not about the license itself but about how to add
the license in debian/copyright.  That's not a question for debian-legal but
rather for debian-mentors.  So I answer with debian-mentors in cc.

The machine-readable format for debian/copyright is optional.
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile

Also this debian/copyright file doesn't seem to conform to the machine-readable
format.  So you can simply add the license to debian/copyright, I suggest near
the end of debian/copyright.

I don't use the machine-readable format because it's more work to write a
debian/copyright file, and I haven't seen any benefits so far.

Regards,

Bart Martens