lintian warning hardening-no-fortify-functions in dualword project...

Hi All,
I'm trying to fix lintian warning: hardening-no-fortify-functions in
http://mentors.debian.net/package/dualword.
It was caused by calls to Festival functions, for example: void
festival_tidy_up();

with export DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS = hardening=+all:

hardening-check output with a call to festival_tidy_up();
===
Now running lintian...
W: dualword: hardening-no-fortify-functions usr/bin/dualword
Finished running lintian.
debian/dualword/usr/bin/dualword:
 Position Independent Executable: yes
 Stack protected: no, not found!
 Fortify Source functions: no, only unprotected functions found!
	unprotected: longjmp
	unprotected: memset
	unprotected: fgets
	unprotected: vfprintf
	unprotected: memmove
	unprotected: read
	unprotected: memcpy
	unprotected: printf
	unprotected: fprintf
	unprotected: sprintf
	unprotected: fread
 Read-only relocations: yes
 Immediate binding: yes

hardening-check output without a call to festival_tidy_up();
===
Now running lintian...
Finished running lintian.
debian/dualword/usr/bin/dualword:
 Position Independent Executable: yes
 Stack protected: no, not found!
 Fortify Source functions: unknown, no protectable libc functions used
 Read-only relocations: yes
 Immediate binding: yes

Can I just create lintian override file in this case?
thanks,
Alex.