Re: content of a package on repo

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:59:11PM +0100, Tomasz Muras wrote:

> >>This only lists the contents without unpacking:
> >>deb -I systemtap-sdt-dev_1.7-1+b1_amd64.deb
> >ITYM dpkg-deb
> >Also, -c only lists the contents.
>
> I was wondering about the same a while ago (how to list files of a
> package in the repository) so I think it's worth adding to the the
> list's FAQ:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#How_do_I_list_the_content_of_a_package
FWIW I don't think this question is related to -mentors and packaging and
I think in the ideal world packagers would be familiar with Debian enough
to know how to use dpkg-deb or at least where to search for a command to
list .deb contents.
Unfortunately, in the real world packagers sometimes don't know how to
file bugs.

--
WBR, wRAR