Re: polipo 1.0.4.1-2 2012-11-22 19:14

Bart,

thank you for having a look at the polipo package.

My intention is to take over maintenance of the package together with Donovan. Very broadly speaking, Donovan will be the one focusing on the code and upstream (with an eye to taking over upstream) and me being the packaging guy.

The bugs you mentioned look like pretty tough nuts. They might be fixed in the latest upstream git, but that would be no help for wheezy unless a minimal patch could be extracted for backporting. 610199 has a proposed patch so chances are better. But in the end I don't think making promises for wheezy other than "we'll do our best" would be fair. Polipo is in a very dire state, basically and frankly unusable in Debian. That will take a lot of work to fix going forward. If a fix can be made for the stable releases they will get it. But I am not going to put too much effort into it before actually having become maintainer to make sure my work will not bitrot and be wasted.

Regards

Rolf

PS: The proposed patch at least applies cleanly even to the older upstream code so there is hope.