jquery.js from Doxygen in documentation, what to do about it

Dear all,

I'm currently staring with packaging some software (initially intended for debian-med) and amongst these packages is a software library with its Doxygen created documentation.

Doxygen created a jquery.js script that depends somehow on the options used to run the document creation by combining some files that are based on the original GPLed jquery library.

I tried my first packaging steps in Ubuntu 12.04 there I ran into the following problem:

The first packaging (obviously) resulted in the embedded-javascript-library lintian error. After searching the web for solutions I found that I should use the packaged version of jquery.js. Unfortunately this didn't render the page correctly, probably because the installed version of Doxygen 1.7.6.1 creates a jquery 1.3.2 based script, and the version packaged with libjs-jquery is 1.7.1.

It seems that Doxygen version 1.8.2 now uses jquery 1.7.1, but that version is only in experimental, jquery is at 1.7.2 in sid, and jquery upstream is already at 1.8.3. Which makes it somewhat likely that whichever version of the two package other Debian based distributions might grab, there is a good chance that the jquery's do not coincide.

Which means, the best option from a users perspective seems to be to keep the jquery script created by Doxygen and override the lintian warning. However, Andreas Tille told me on debian-med that this is considered as binary without source code, which would trigger a RC bug.

Now I've seen that Doxgen has the jquery-1.3.2.js file in the debian/ directory and in fact with this script the pages display correctly. My question is now, should I also include this source file in the source distribution, or would it suffice to document that the source code to the copressed files can be found with the according doxygen version?

Many thanks,
Gert