Re: liferea: diff for NMU version 1.8.6-1+nmu1

Hi David,

I won't sponsor this, but some remarks:

When you submit a bug and want to send it to others to review, please
use the X-Debbugs-CC header [0]. This can be done easily by submitting
bugs with reportbug.

On 10-11-12 06:33, David Smith wrote:
> I've prepared an NMU for liferea (versioned as 1.8.6-1+nmu1) that needs
> to be reviewed and signed for upload. My goal is to get these fixes
> into Wheezy if possible.

You did not allow the maintainer of this package much time to review
most of your patches, but than again, this package has some history of
new releases via NMU. Did you check the freeze policy [1]? Are really
all these bugs of the proper severity? I.e. bug 692007 does not seem to
qualify in my view (although *you* marked it as important later, but
when you submitted you did not think it important). You can try, but I
am unsure if this would qualify for an unblock (maybe in addition to the
rest). Did you also try to fix the other important bugs? Did you comment
on those?

>   * Non-maintainer upload.
>   * Fixed crash when dragging Google Reader feeds to parent node.
>     (Closes: 692526)
>   * Fixed crash when removing folders in Google Reader feeds. (Closes: 692525)
>   * Fixed crash when opening empty links in feeds. (Closes: 692272)
>   * Fixed crash when network online status changes. (Closes: 692270)
>   * Fixed bug where web browser doesn't launch or the wrong web browser is
>     launched. (Closes: #668197)
>   * Fixed bug where user's desktop was spammed with notifications about
>     GR feeds that have already been read. (Closes: #692007)
>   * Replaced build-depends on transitional package libwebkit-dev with
>     libwebkitgtk-dev (Closes: #677749)

Why did you update libtool-dont-rearange-as-needed patch without any
functional change?

Why add a patch that you don't use, probably a mistake. (google_source-*)

Some of your patches change unnecessary things such as whitespace,
capitalization or copyright dates. If I was release manager I would
prefer you leave the changes to the functional parts. You can add the
copyright notice with the date to the header of the patch instead, if
you want. I think added comments to added code are fine.

Please add a nice patch header to all your patches [2].

Paul

[0] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting#xcc
[1] http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html
[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/